ISO 9001 - about the standard
ISO 9001:2015 what does it mean? Well to give it its full title take a look below:
ISO = International Organisation for Standardisation,
9001 = The standard's number e.g 9001
2015 = date of publication and revision year e.g. 2008) and in September this year to be 2015
So what is ISO 9001:2015 ?
ISO 9001:2015 is principally a world wide recognised set of rules which companies implement with the aim of enhancing product or service quality within their organisation.
ISO 9001:2015 forms part of a family of ISO 9000 standards, documents and guidelines; there are currently over 20 documents in total, with new or revised documents being added all the time to inform and increase companies' understanding of requirements and continually improve their business models.
In September 2015, the International Organisation for Standardisation introduced a revised set of Quality Management standards based on a risk based process model. The new emphasis within the documents focused on the indentification and management of risks and the identification of your interested parties and Continuous Improvement within your business
ISO 9001:2015 is predominately based on 3 key documents:
1. ISO 9000:2015 Quality Management Systems - Fundamentals and Vocabulary
2. ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems - Requirements
3. ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
Where can I find these standards?
To purchase copies of the above standards please follow the links below:
1. Your National Standards Body: www.iso.org/iso/en/aboutiso/isomembers/index.html
2. From the International Organisation for Standardisation: www.iso.org
3. Publication for Malaysian Standards: https://www.msonline.gov.my/default.php
Further information about ISO 9001 and related standards?
To find further information about ISO 9001 and related standards follow the links below:
1. The United Kingdom Accreditation Service: www.ukas.org
2. Malaysia National Standards Body (Standards Malaysia): http://www.jsm.gov.my/home
3. From the International Organisation for Standardisation: www.iso.org
ISO 9001: 2015 & ISO 14001: 2015 Upgrading Information
The ISO 9001: 2015 standard was published on September 2015